Powered By Blogger

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Wk4 Reading Post

dowboy.wordpress.com
During the reading for this week I took away two main things that really made me think about my classroom and my students. The first thing is the "WE" approach I think this could be a very valuable tool when dealing with students that may not be motivated and finding a way to help them from the place of not caring. When having dialog with students it is very important make them feel that you do have concern for then and if the conversation is how we as student and teacher can make changes to help it may have a better effect on the student and teacher relationship in the long run. This also leads into the enrollment of students. With the huge use of technology among students and parents I agree with the author that some things a better face to face. This holds true for some parents that will not take the time to visit the school but only communicates through emails and phone calls etc. There is something different about face to face interaction that can make a positive change in many situations. I also think that too much technology will have a negative effect on students and their face to face social interactions unless we teach them to balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment